Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shrimp and Clam Cocktail

So I LOVE my seafood.. I can eat it all day everyday.. So this is one thing I love to make.. Shrimp cocktail. On this particular one I added clams..
I mostly eyeball my ingridients. I dont like to live by a rule. :)

What you will need:
1 lb of shrimp.raw, head on (here I used large and small shrimp)
1 oz can of clams (drained)
cilantro
2 roma tomatos
ketchup
tapatio (hot sauce)
lime
salt
You can add avocado which I highly recommend but the ones I had werent ripe

What you do:
You boil the shimp.. you can add salt and pepper to taste,and a bit of cilantro.. when u finish , remove shrimp, peel,DONOT trow out the broth!!. add to the desire container. Pour desired amount of broth into the shrimp and add ketchup and hotsauce.. This I tend to eyeball and taste test. You dont want it to taste like pure ketchup or pure hotsauce, but you sont want the broth to be seethough. Chop tomatos, cilantro, avocado if you are using some, u can add onions too if you would like. add this to your shrimp and broth. Squeeze some lime juice over it, half a lime should be good. You can always add more.. Lastly you add the drained clams.. TADAAAAAAA!!! ..

You can also ommit the broth and just mix everything else and you can eat it with tostadas or saltines.Like so..

No comments:

Post a Comment